At our organization, YOU are not just a number or a name, each new employee is warmly welcomed with open arms and embraced into a compassionate culture.
Medical Assistant provides patient care, in accordance with Yamhill Valley Pulmonary and Sleep center’s mission, strategic goals, federal and state laws and regulations, performance and outcome objectives, and accreditation standards.
Please Note: Per Governor Kate Brown’s directive, all healthcare workers will have to be vaccinated against Covid19. Please apply only if you can comply.
- Supports clinic compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and YVPSC rules, regulations, protocols, and procedures governing the clinical provision of medical services as well as those relating to, but not limited to, workplace safety, public health, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with patients of all ages.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the department: communicates with other HHS departments, as necessary, in order to resolve operational problems and make the most effective use of the resources in delivering quality patient care.
- Checks patients in by taking vitals, assessing pain, obtaining medication allergies, and assessing the reason for the patient visits and other assessments as required.
- Completes the appropriate electronic health record templates.
- Review the patient chart, and check for any outstanding lab, x-ray results or any medical visits since the last appointment.
- Reviews patient medications and refills.
- Assists provider during examinations and performs treatments, procedures, and waived lab testing within the scope of competency and training.
- Administers medications as ordered by providers and according to HHS policy/protocol.
- Stocks and cleans exam room: clean the exam table and other furniture with an appropriate cleansing agent as per protocol.
- Performs quality control duties on a daily basis in accordance with regulatory and department policy.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Works in consultation with clinical teams, direct clinical support staff, and indirect clinical support staff to develop and implement policies and procedures that maximize patient-centered communication and services.
- Attends all staff meetings, department meetings, and any other meetings as required.
Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to provide patient services appropriate to the ages served.
- Proficient computer skills for chart completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary in order to interact with and enhance patient relations.
- Knowledge of Athena EMR system preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Monday to Friday
Masks are required for everyone entering the building.